WE’RE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR TALENTED PEOPLE TO JOIN OUR TEAM!
We are proud of the work that we do, and wouldn’t be successful without our amazing team of dedicated people. If you’ve got the desire to be a part of a creative and innovative group of people in a fun and rewarding environment, then send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director, Business Development
- Summary Description:
- Entrepreneurial, energetic self-starter to act as ‘Chief Growth Officer’ for a small biotech business that currently has a strong foundation in a narrow niche. The key focus of this cross-functional position is diversifying and growing the company’s business base. Must be comfortable working at both tactical and strategic levels across both technical and business domains to become a key member of a small, collaborative, and dynamic team.
- Job duties:
- Assess and prioritize new opportunities and ventures that will enable the company to diversify and grow.
- Ensure that analyses of business opportunities are based on a strong understanding of customer needs, market potential, competitive & regulatory barriers, and required investments.
- Use industry knowledge and business acumen to make recommendations for strategic actions such as but not limited to forming partnerships, making R&D investments, and licensing technologies to gain access to new products/capabilities that will position the company for future success.
- Lead the preparation and submittal of proposals and grant requests. Apply creativity and ingenuity to define ‘win themes’ and ‘win strategies’ to guide the preparation of the submittal. Generate the proposals/ grant requests by coordinating the activities of others, and also by independently generating proposal content.
- Cultivate a network of customer, user, and industry contacts to stay current on the market landscape and to support competitive analyses and recommendations for business pursuits.
- Represent the ‘voice of the customer’ in company activities such as the generation of product requirements, the preparation of proposals/grant requests, and the creation of PR campaigns.
- Portray the ‘voice of the competition’ when considering new ventures. Help create a clear understanding of barriers to entry and recommend strategies to overcome them.
- Lead the company’s marketing/PR programs including advertising, social media, presentations at conferences and forums, publishing technical papers, etc.
- Required Skills and Experience – the ideal candidate will have:
- A strong scientific/technical foundation along with a record of business success.
- Experience in the growing a medical device business, preferably in IVD industry with an FDA cleared or approved IVD test.
- Knowledge of product development practices, techniques, and standards in the medical device industry.
- Demonstrated ability to be an independent contributor and to also work well in a team environment.
- Excellent technical writing, communication & presentation skills.
- Strong aptitude with Microsoft Office products, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Biodosimetry Development Scientist
- Summary Description:
- Support product development and laboratory testing activities for the development, validation, production and support of biodosimetry systems
- Participate in the development process through definition of proper and testable product requirements, conduct design experiments and studies, deliver analysis, test results and reports
- Job duties:
- Responsible for leading, managing junior staff, and performing product development and laboratory testing activities, with a focus on biodosimetry applications
- Plan, oversee and execute laboratory experiments and studies
- Support and interact with other teams (both internal and external) to support development and testing activities
- Generate test reports and summarize key findings and experimental study outcomes
- Provide data visibility to other team members and management
- Review and approve test results to confirm test results provide proper objective evidence to meet requirements
- Recommend design changes that may result in reduced cost or improved quality
- Required Skills:
- Knowledge of tissue culture lab operations and associated health and safety procedures
- Experience with cytology and/or cytogenetic testing and related specimen handling workflow
- Demonstrated experience in handling clinical and non-clinical biological specimens using appropriate precautions
- Demonstrated ability to lead project activities and drive actions to closure
- Strong aptitude with Microsoft Office products, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Required Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in related field, such as cell biology
- 5+ years of experience working in biodosimetry or a related field
- 7+ years of overall experience in a fast-paced environment, preferably in in vitro diagnostics, medical device development or another regulated industry.
- Additional Attributes:
- Ability to interact with colleagues in a team environment
- Proficient organizational, record keeping and communication skills (oral and written), with excellent presentation technique
- Strong work ethic to generate high quality work under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated leadership and self-motivation. Ability to motivate and guide others to meet objectives.
ASELL is a medical device developer that is working with government customers to turn science into solutions. ASELL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, or national origin.